gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW certified technician, Chicago VW/Audi Training Center, Seattle VW/Audi Academy
12249065

I have a 1978 audi fox, and need front chassis, motor mount

Customer Question

I have a 1978 audi fox, and need front chassis, motor mount and frame, what other years of audi or of Volkswagen fox are interchangeable with the 78 audi fox
specifically will a 1990 Volkswagen fox chassis be the same?
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer.I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I wouldsee if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I canstill assist you with this here.

I see no one has replied with the info you are looking forhere.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain and inother cases the correct person that may have this info may not be online.Oneplace I have used to locate used or older parts like this here is www.car-part.com. Theymay have theparts you need for this.If this is not an option for you on this here you maywant to speak with a classic car repair center to see if they have anylocations on where to find parts as well as what will fit or transfer over fromone model to the other here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue ourconversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.Youcan rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this willnot close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult tofully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work ondelivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You totally did not answer my question my question was what cars made by Volkswagen Fox would interchange parts especially body front end Audi Fox also my specific question is will a 1990 Volkswagen Fox the interchangeable I have found a 1990 Volkswagen Fox but before I purchase it I need to know for sure that the body is the same please respond with some professional information from an Audi Volkswagen expert I need an exact answer that's what I'm paying for,....... Dennis

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

The Audi Fox is different from the VW FOX- they only share the name. The Audi is a B1 platform car, so it is the same as a VW Dasher, Audi 80, or the first generation B1 Passat. The VW Fox is a BX platform, specific to the Fox, and made in Brazil.

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

I would look more closely into the B2 platform cars as well to see if they are compatible- Audi 80, 90, 4000, Quattro (it would be pretty sweet if you could swap a Syncro into the Audi Fox!)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll be anxiously awaiting your call and I hope you can answer the years for the Passat and for the Dasher so that I can continue looking Dennis, thank you
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

The B1 Passat was never brought to the US- but between that and the Dasher, they were produced from 74-81 (but continued production in Brazil until 1988)

The Audi 80 went from 73-78, so your Fox is right at the tail end of that production.

The Quantum was a B2 platform, produced from 82-88, THe Audi 80/90 went from 79-87 (again in a B2 platform)

The only way to cross reference would be to look up the parts numbers for the Audi 80/Fox or the B1 Passat, and then see if those numbers are carried over to other years and models. The dealership parts department would be able to do this easily with the parts cross reference, for a lay person you may have to look up an online version of the ETKA parts program (there are several that have been created by users from VW parts programs (The best one I have found is in Russian but the model names and numbers are easily recognizable, and the pictures are clear)