Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Experience:  Senior Audi Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

How to quickly/most easily remove timing belt cover? is it

Customer Question

how to quickly/most easily remove timing belt cover? is it necessary to move front end to carrier lock position or can it be done with carrier in place? i am removing it for access to replace cam girdle and cam chain tensioner.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I do need a vin# ***** to get that info. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Waudf68e85a478555

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

ok now in front the cover comes out without pulling the core support forward to gain more room. now in the back it is a different story !!! the back chain cover needs to be removed and there is very little room. the vacuum pump needs to be removed first then the high pressure pump . then the cover . the engine needs to be cold or you will burn yourself!!