Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
15218643

I have a 2006 A6 3.2, warning light on dashboard came on

Customer Question

I have a 2006 A6 3.2, warning light on dashboard came on for passenger side faulty light, I checked and the running light was bad, I replaced it and now it is good but warning light won't come off, is there a way to reset it?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Are you sure you used the right part number bulb?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to Autozone and gave them year and model, they sild me a Sylvania 7506 bulb which states also fits 1073
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay..

If you unhook your battery by the negative cable only and let it sit for 10 minutes then hook it back up and try the light is the warning still there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me check that
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Ill be here...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
warning light still comes back on after disconnecting negative cable for more than 15 minutes
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thats really puzzling. The only option is to get a bulb from Audi and try it. The car can be really sensitive to bulbs from the parts store. Try that and let me know how it works.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's possible, last time I replaced same bulb but on the drivers side I bought it at Audi and the problem stopped there. Good thing passenger side is not as complicated to get to as the drivers side. I will try that and get back to you, do I have to start a new conversation?
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Just replay back here when you can and we can talk. Theres no need to open up a new conversation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thank you have a good evening
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

You do the same and you are very welcome.