Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Experience:  Senior Audi Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

How I can fix a code fault u0100 on my audi q7 2008. I took

Customer Question

how I can fix a code fault u0100 on my audi q7 2008. I took my car to the dealership for service,they said that the engine had carbon build up I pay $1,500. I took the car home and the next day the engine lite turn on. I call the them back they said to bring in the car. while I was driving it back the car shut off and it doesn't run ever since. they said that the ECM needs to be replace but that they are not sure if this will fix the problem. they wanted $2400 to do this service. which I refuse to pay it because they are not sure if that is the problem. I was also told that my brakes was good for another 6 months. when I towed my truck back home my husband and I took a look at the brakes. the brakes had no brake pads at all, we replace all four brakes. but the car still doesn't run and the code is u0100 can you help me to fix it.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need the vin # ***** get the factory wiring diagram to trace this out.

do you have a volt meter ?

please let me know

thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the vin # ***** ***** no I do not have a volt reader but I can buy one if I need to.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 years ago.

you will need a volt meter . we need to check that you have all powers and grounds at the ecm . if we have all of the powers and grounds then you will need an ecu but have to check that first. get a good meter like a fluke.

let me know when you have the meter to continue

thanks