Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

I want to reset the service due light on my 2012 Audi

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Audi
8/29/2015
Audi Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

this should reset it but bear in mind you need the dealer diagnostic VAG com to set it up properly with variable miles etc

On the dash of your Audi there are 3 buttons under the fuel gauge,from left to right the 1st one just forget about & the other 2 we will call 'A' & 'B' (B =closest to fuel gauge).

1.press & hold button 'A'

2.switch ignition 'ON'

3.release button 'A'

4,the words 'SERVICE' or 'Service in xxxx MI' will appear in the trip recorder display.
5,now press button 'B' until the display clears & is replaced with the new service interval or 'SERVICE'

6.switch ignition 'OFF'

This didn't work...first there are only 2 buttons "set" and "0.0" is used the process provide using these 2 buttons and it did NOT set.

Hello

Ok this may help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnDPXRO5jE4

no luck so far, I can reset the oil service light but no the inspection service light
Not the inspection service light
Audi Mechanic: Kevin, Technician replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hi I'm Kevin the inspection light cannot be reset without diagnostic tool of some description you can reset oil service through mmi but the inspection can only be done using scantool most garages can do this nowadays it takes literally about 2 minutes

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Technician