Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a 2004 audi a4 quattro 3.0. I recently experienced a

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2004 audi a4 quattro 3.0. I recently experienced a short in the drivers side door wire harness. Lost radio and window control. Removed wire harness and fixed all wires and put back together. Subsequently low beams stayed on but for lights wouldn't come on unless manually switched on. This lasted a day and then headlights started flicking on and off. Now headlights won't come on, neither foglights, and no interior courtesy lights, power windows, door locks, and sunroof. Stereo needs to be turned on and off manually. Car still starts and drives fine minus all lights and such of course. Does this sound like an ignition switch problem because not sending power to relay? I double checked my wire work in the door and appears to be good.
Thanks
Category: Audi
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
Can you explain the repair you did, including the wiring circuits repaired and if you bypassed anything to do the repair.
I may be misunderstanding, but it sounds like you did a repair that bypassed a relay or module.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I didn't bypass anything. I just soldered the wires in the door harness that were broken. I also changed the ignition switch to no avail and tried a new headlight switch and nothing. No power windows mirrors sunroof headlights signals day time running lights or power locks. Last thing I can think of is a relay? Perhaps a load reduction relay? Just don't know which one or ones I should change and where they are exactly.
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
HI,
Ok, did you disconnect the battery before repairing the wires - Some people dont, so I need to know as this could point to a specific issue