FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL
1627031

Audi TT Quattro: I have a 2010 Audi TT. I have no high end

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Audi TT. I have no high end acceleration. If I try to accelerate at 60 mph I get very little increase in speed? I changed the N75 valve....no help?
Category: Audi
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. Can you tell me how many miles are on the car and if the check engine light is coming on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The car has 35,000 yes the EPC and check engine lights are on. I had it scanned with a Ross- tech scan tool. It had three codes...Evap. System purge control valve (N80)....Intake manifold flap bank 1...... Solenoid valve for boost pressure control (N75)... I replaced the (N75) .... I also noticed the mechanism connected to the###-##-#### ***** valve does not move when I rev the motor. The rod that comes out the bottom of this mechanism when pulled in .... turns what I'm guessing a part of the throttle mechanism. My girlfriend has a 2012 TT when she rev her motor hers turns ....mind does not. It does move when I disconnected the vacuum hose from the###-##-#### ***** valve and applied about 10 psi of vacuum. My tire pressure warning light just came on too...I checked the tire pressure .....they are all 32 psi. Light will not go off....and there is no tire pressure listing in the settings under menu? Please feel free to call me(###) ###-####....I'm in California
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Did the boost pressure solenoid code come back after replacing the valve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not have the scan tool. So I can not delete the code. But the EPC and check engine lights are still on. And the car still has poor acceleration.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
These codes will not clear on their own. There are several common issues that occur on this car. Most of the time it is just high end issues then it is a turbo problem. If you are not getting any movement from the push rod during engine revving then that may be the problem. There are also a lot of issues that occur on this engine due to a failure in the high pressure fuel pump.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could it be the###-##-#### ***** valve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is the name or part number of the mechanism with the rod? Could it be that? When I apply vacuum to the hose from the valve to the mechanism it does not hold pressure. It very slowly reduces pressure.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
It should hold pressure as it has a diaphragm in it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is that thing?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
It is called the turbo charger vacuum diaphragm.