Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Have an 06 A-4 that the snub mount is completely gone. Couple

Customer Question

Have an 06 A-4 that the snub mount is completely gone. Couple questions, is there a way to remove the bracket from the side of the oil pan and change the puck that way? The car has an issue of when I travel over a bump, regardless of speed, it sounds like the struts are bottoming out, could this be because of the snub mount? When I removed the aft lower engine cover there was a bolt laying in it, picture attached. Any idea where that joker belongs? Appreciate any and all help. Recommendations for snub mount brand?
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pictures added
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 2 years ago.
I am unsure with what your calling snub mount and puck, can you upload some pictures of that as well?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Snub mount is the third motor mount in the lower fwd engine compartment and the "puck" I referred to is actually the round shock absorber donut looking gizmo. I am having issues loading a picture, if you google snub mount you will see what I am talking about.
What liter engine do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2.0T. Any idea where that bolt may have came from?
Yes you can remove the mount from the pan and install the parts missing and repair the parts damaged. This bolt is likely from the mount that has fallen off and the noise is likely from this mount gone. Below I have attached the oil pan removal steps so you have some images to look at. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The actual mount is still attached, it is the snub mount bumper that is missing. That being said, where might that bolt be from and would the lack of a snub mount bumper cause a noise similar to struts bottoming out? I am pretty skilled with cars but this is my first German car owned.
The bolt could be from the part of the mount that is missing.This can only be the source of the noise if there is a sign visibly that there is hitting contact between parts from this mount gone.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The mount itself is still there, bolted to the oil pan, it is the BUMPER that is gone
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Photos of the missing bumper
Yes the rubber isolator gone can result in the noise, and regardless needs to be addressed. Though that does not explain the bolt, no clue were it goes not being able to search in person.