Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

Audi A6 Quattro: how much does this cost in total. My audi

Customer Question
how much does this cost...
how much does this cost in total.
My audi a6 has a new battery. The lights and radio is on but the car igniton doesn't turn over. its completely dead.
Do I need a new fuse, starter, alternator, ot timing belt?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Audi
7/2/2015
Audi Mechanic: Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
We cannot give a price estimate until we know which part is faulty.
Do you have the auto transmission?
and if yes, did you try putting the shifter on N (neutral), and starting?
If the starter is not turning, then the timing belt should not be the issue.
Did the engine die on you? or was it running normally, and next day it would not start?
Which year is this A6
The car was sitting for two weeks while on vacation. Came back to start it up. No success. 2005 audi a6 Quattro
Hello again,
Did you try charging the battery?
As the battery might have enough power for the radio and ignition lights etc... but not enough for the starter (as it takes 100 amps)
Did you try putting the shifter lever on N, and then starting?
Did I mention this battery is brand new? My car won't go into neutral. My car doesn't turn on at all when I turn the key.
Indeed, you mentioned that the battery is new, but having the car parked for two weeks might drain the battery.
With ignition on, if you depress the brake pedal, you are still unable to move the shifter lever to Neutral?
Even when i press the brake the car doesn't go into neutral.
Do I need to press harder?
No need to press harder.
First you need to make sure the battery is fully charged (as this may be the problem). Charge it, and then try these.
Kindly get back to me with your findings, so we can proceed accordingly.
We got the car in neutral... now the emergency brake is stuck... how can we remove the emergency brake manually?
If you remove the connector on the parking brake control module, the parking brake should release.
The control module is located in the luggage compartment. On the right side, behind the trim. So if you remove the right side trim in the luggage compartment, you will get to this module. With ignition off, disconnect the connector on this module, and the parking brake should release.
Regards,
Billy
Billy
Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician