Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Audi A4: my 2013 audi a4 battery died.. I took out the

Customer Question
Hello my 2013 audi a4...
Hello my 2013 audi a4 battery died.. I took out the battery to charge and i closed the trunk. Now the trunk will,not open at all so i can replace the battery how do i get the trunk open mechanically?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Audi
Also I do not see a manual keylock on the trunk is there a lock on the trunk that I can insert key maybe? Or any other alternative?
6/29/2015
Audi Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You'll just need to apply power to the jump start terminals and then you'll be able to open the trunk electronically as normal.
Open the hood and in the center of the wiper cowl there is a panel that pops out. Pop this panel out and the positive jump start terminal will be underneath.
The negative cable can go to the negative jump start terminal or any unpainted metal part on the engine or chassis.
With cables in place then you can open the trunk as normal and then install the battery.