FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL
1627031

Audi A-4: I think I have to replace the modulator in my 2005

Customer Question

I think I have to replace the modulator in my 2005 A-4 1.8. Should I take it to the dealership or somewhere like firestone? How much will the dealership charge?
Category: Audi
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. There are several modulators on this engine. Do you know which system it is for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm not sure. The oil level indicator light keeps coming on as well as the coolant light. But come on and go off. The mechanics at Kwik Kar said it was the modulator
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the response. Do you know if they said modulator or module? Did they give you a part number or estimate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think they said module not sure. They didn't give a part number
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. If it is one of the modules that is causing this it should be replaced at the dealer. Most shops do not have the capability to install it and program it to the vehicle. If you have an Audi specialist near year they may have the equipment to do it, and do it cheaper than the dealer. Most of the time this will cost about $800-1300 to have repaired depending on which module is causing it.