Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Audi: Never tried this before so here goes. Model: 2004 Audi…

Never tried this before so...
Never tried this before so here goes.
Model: 2004 Audi A6 3.0 Quattro
Problem: I recently had to replace the TCM located under the floor mat on the passenger side due to a significant amount of water that seeped into the car. I understand that this is likely due to clogged weep holes or drains. Can you tell me where these are located and the best way to unclog them? Air pressure? etc...
6/18/2015
Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Hi I'm Kevin if you go under bonnet and look to scuttle area you will have to remove battery and retaining tray underneath there are two rubber drains that normally block up I tend to unblock them (scrape all gunk out) then use air pressure to blow any remaining residue out of the area then flush through with water
Are there any other areas such as sunroof drains?
Yes if you have sunroof open fully and look in front area you will find 1 hole in each corner I personally use an old speedo cable to push through then flush out with water again to make sure they are clear water will come out by the back side of front wheel arches
Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Okay thanks
No worries please rate my service and come back to me if you need anything else
Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Technician