Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

Audi A4 Quattro: Driving my 2010 A4 about 2 blocks from home

Customer Question
Driving my 2010 A4 about...
Driving my 2010 A4 about 2 blocks from home (at 25 mph) the steering wheel started to vibrate and the car began to shake/shudder . Looked under the hood...nothing obviously wrong that I could see .. idling was normal. Turned around and went home at low speed (10-15 mph)...shaking/vibrations returned intermittently. Turned off the engine...
Any ideas on what I should do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Audi
6/7/2015
Audi Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka - Moose)
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Did this feel like a engine or transmission or steering or suspension issue?
From the way you described this its sounds like the concern is possibly a damaged wheel bearing or ball joint, both support the front wheels.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
It definitely is an engine related problem
Thanks
A vibration coming from the engine this bad will be a misfire. Either in need of plugs or one of the coils has failed. A power balance test done with a scan tool, can figure out which cylinder is to blame.
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician