Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Audi A8 Quattro L: ,my parking brake malfunction light on…

Customer Question
Hi,my parking brake malfunction light...
Hi,my parking brake malfunction light on dash has come on. Also brake light keeps flashing on my 07 A8L?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Audi
5/25/2015
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 3 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Hello there! I'm Wolfgang ! I will try to assist you as much as I can.
I do need more information from you . was there any brake work recently performed?
did the battery run low?
do you use the parking brake all of the time?
please let me know
thanks
No brake work done, battery didn't run low,i never use E brake.
ok the usual suspect is one of the caliper e brake motors is frozen . the issue is now that the caliper that is affected needs to be changed. the motors are not available separately.
scan tool is needed to isolate which one and then after replacement the system needs to be calibrated.
anything else?
if not.....
This is my only income and I try to be online 365 days a year.
I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.
This rating is VERY IMPORTANT for myself and my family! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!
A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!
So please rate me above!!!!
If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.
Thanks
Wolfgang