Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

I recently replaced the xenon headlight bulb on my 2009 Audi

Customer Question

I recently replaced the xenon headlight bulb on my 2009 Audi A4 and have had an adaptive headlight malfunction error light ever since. The lights no longer go up and down when I start the car. Is there an easy fix for this?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Ted G. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you need to have the light coded back into the car. You are basically telling it the light has been replaced so the computer will "recognize" it again. All the newer Audi products have to have many parts coded back in for them to work properly, even the battery. Most decent import shops will have the tool to do the job, should charge about .5 hours labor to do it.