internal88
internal88, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing Audi vehicles for over 15 years. I specialized in German diagnostic.
63512786

Audi Q7: My Audi Q7 4.2 2007 has the engine light flashing

Customer Question

My Audi Q7 4.2 2007 has the engine light flashing and engine power loss and it's shaking. What should I do?
Category: Audi
Expert:  internal88 replied 2 years ago.
Please scan the vehicle's computer and give me the trouble code.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I scan the vehicle's computer?
You will need an OBD2 scanner to plug it in to the OBD2 port. You could buy it in the auto store or mechanic shop can scan it for you. It should take 5 minutes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately we are in a backward nation with no such facilities, how may you help alternatively?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's 11.16 Pm here
For temporary. - you could disconnect the battery wait 10 minutes. Then reconnect the battery to reset the computer. Most likely you have misfire condition going on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK since battery is under seat and I have no tools to remove it probably we chat tomorrow? I have confidence that you will help me. For insight and better understanding sake, what other issues will cause such problem apart from computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What would cause misfire condition?
The common issue is the ignition coils. Bad coil will cause misfire.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We changed the coils and plugs. So when battery is disconnected how may this help? What about mass air sensors what can be their contribution? And the injectors?
Did you use factory Audi coils and NGK brand spark plugs? Aftermarket parts do not fire right. The next thing is the fuel injectors. Bad injectors can cause misfire. Mass air flow is unlikely.
I asked you to reset the computer so you could at least drive to the store and the code reader or visit the shop.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes we got coils and plugs from Audi South Africa. Ok doctor. Will reset computer by disconnecting battery tomorrow morning.
ok update me tomorrow AM.