Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

I have a 2005 Audi TT and recently replaced the battery. I

Customer Question
I have a 2005 Audi...
I have a 2005 Audi TT and recently replaced the battery. I can't find the code to get the concert II radio out of safe mode. Is that something you can look up?
VIN TRUTC28N051010289
RADIO AUZ5Z6D6008622
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Audi
4/30/2015
Audi Mechanic: peterpete190, Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I see no one here has replied with a radio code.In some cases this is due to the code being difficult to obtain and in other cases this may be due to the correct person that can get this code may not be on line.The best place to get this code is from a dealer but in some cases you can obtain this code from the web site posted below.If neither of these are an option for you let me know so we can continue.
http://www.radio-code.com/Audi-Pay-Page-radio-code.htm
Thanks Pete

Mr Pete

Thanks for the reply. Neither option will work for me. Are you telling me that you can not answer my question of obtaining the radio code for the Audi TT with VIN and serial number provided? Are you still trying to obtain an answer or are you saying you can't? Thanks.

Unfortunately I cannot get this myself but someone else here may be able to.
I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete

That's ok. No need to spend more time on this. I'll just take it to an Audi dealer.

Audi Mechanic: gomi_otaku, Technician replied 2 years ago
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
If you can find a dealer that will not charge you an hour to do this, stick with them for all your work!
Before you go, check in the radio book in your owners' manual, there should be a tearout card in there with the PIN on it. The card may still be there, or may be in another area of the manual.
Also,check in the trunk in the spare tire well. That is where the sticker was from the factory before it gets stuck on the card- it may have been left there, or if they did it like our dealership, stuck an additional sticker there with the 4-digit PIN.
If not, then the dealership is your option, and sorry I could not help you.

I have spent weeks on this problem and did extensive research on the internet of all possibilities. I can honestly say I have tried everything. On my search of the internet I found that you answered this same question for another guy. Thought I would give it a shot. One option you gave me was a link to a site that wanted $176 to get the code. Not a very good option. I can buy a better radio for half the price. We'll just leave it with question not answered. I thank you for your effort. I wonder if you will still charge me %15.

I know that a few years back we had an Audi expert who was currently working at a dealership- and was able to get the codes, as you need access to their online system to get them. I don't know why he left, it takes a few minutes to get the code and you get paid, if I had Audi access I would definitely do it. I also used to refer people to AUDI customer service at One Eight Hundred Eight Two Two AUDI but they stopped giving out the codes over the phone about a year ago as well- even though they have the ability to look up the owner's name and confirm it with you. You could always try giving them a call and say you are nowhere near a dealership.
I find it intolerable that even when you have the radio serial number and the VIN of your car, the dealership will often lie to you and say they need to hook up their scan tool, or some other story, and charge a minimum of an hour labor for the "diagnostic". If it were my position, I would do this for FREE in the service drive (service writers have the same access to this system as techs) in order to win customers over, instead of pissing them off.
I will opt out of this one so it won't harass you for an accept. Your money will still be on deposit with JustAnswer, I just won't get the percentage for this "accepted answer".
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician