Dave-VAG
Dave-VAG, Technician
Experience:  Over 3 years with audi and a licenced A4 and A6 technicain
27984060

Audi A4: How do i reset the service indication on my 2013 audi

How do i reset the service indication on my 2013 audi a4? It has the MMI so cannot be reset like the instructions for a 2009 model.
Hi. You can reset the oil change reminder, like you already know. But the maintenance required lamp needs to be reset with the VAS. The factory Audi scan tool. Please let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks, Eric
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can I a quire a VGA tool? I don't want to have to take the car to Audi for service, especially to simply check tires and brakes. What if I want to use my own mechanic?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you know which VAS tool I need to purchase for a 2013 Audi A4?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Told that I can't reset 2013 Audi A4 service indicator with a VGA diagnostic tool. I am asking which specific tool do I need that is compatible with the new Audi.
Thanks

Hello and welcome to just answer.

You do require a diagnostic machine to reset your light and you will need to buy one that covers all control units on your car.

There are various machines on the market and some will cost a lot of money. A good garage should have a machine capable of reseting the light for you.

However if they don't one of the best pieces of equipment to get is called VAG-COM or VCDS. This is used on your laptop with a cable that connects to your car. This software will allow you to pretty much do anything on your car that an Audi garage can do.

I hope this helps and if I can help further please feel free to ask

Dave

Dave-VAG, Technician
Experience: Over 3 years with audi and a licenced A4 and A6 technicain