Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

Audi: 2001 Audi A6 my drivers window tilts a little forward

2001 Audi A6 my drivers...
2001 Audi A6 my drivers window tilts a little forward when going up and binds. If I roll it down a little and go back up it will move better. What do I need?
10/18/2013
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you today.

.

There has been a factory service bulletin for that type of concern. Here is what it states.

.

>>>>>> BULLETIN <<<<<<<<

.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

.

If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

.

Thanks

.

So it looks like a new regulator would fix it as well. How do you change the regulator out?

I have the instructions in a PDF format HERE ..

.

.

Thanks

how hard are these clips to do. I found them on ebay

It would be hard for me to say what may or may not be 'hard' for you to do. Hoever, the labor for the entire regulator is 1.7 hours. The clips are a little less than that. Most of the work would be the door panel, thanks

do I remove the panel. whats the frame and the rivets in the picture.

Holds it together. Of course the door panel has to come off. Are you serious about doing this yourself?

.

Do you need the instructions for the door panel??

.

yes please

.

.

Thanks

Jerry, Master Mechanic
Hello, Jerry here. I was just wondering how your vehicle was and wanted to see if you may need anything further on it.

what color are the clips

I don't really remember, some are red and sometimes they are green or black.

ok thx

Your welcome and come again, anytime, thanks

.

Jerry, Master Mechanic