Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

Audi A6: Audi A6 - satellite radio just stopped working. MMI

Audi A6 - satellite radio just stopped working. MMI display says "satellite radio not installed, see your Audi dealer". Was working fine prior. Any ideas?

.

sorry for the delay................

.
Greetings...... "Hi, I'm Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!"
.

There is a TECH Bulletin on this:

91 08 53

(NNN) NNN-NNNN1

October 30, 2008

.

It states to:

Use VAS scan tool
Disconnecting the power supply of the satellite tuner usually resets the tuner, and the MMI system is operative again for an unspecified period of time.

Therefore, do not disconnect the satellite tuner

Disconnecting the satellite tuner will cause the MMI system will be operative again for an unspecified period of time but will not address the root cause.

Scan vehicle with GFF. Generate a 00 printout and perform a ring break diagnosis from 19 - Gateway. Save the printout to a memory stick.

Submit a Technical Assistance Center ticket. Attach log with ring break. This procedure is mandatory for all Audi Dealers.

.

So, the fix is going to be with the Dealer, as there is no customer input without the use of Dealer Scan Tool for latest updates.
IF you disconnect to "reset" the reset may not be for very long

.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions.
.
Kindly rate me when you are done.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Don. As this is a service bulletin, is this a charge item? The car is out of warranty.

Thanks,
Steve

very sorry for the delay..................

.

.

This will depend on the Dealer, as it is an older Bulletin for warranty & Non-Warranty, but shows to be the root cause.

IF you have owned since New, they may go ahead with it, but if you purchased used, may be a 1 hour labor charge

.