peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Audi A6 Quattro: hi my 1998 audi a6 quattro will not start

hi my 1998 audi a6 quattro will not start my fuel pump is not getting 12 volts and I have checked the fuses

please help
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be an internal electrical fault with the fuel pump relay itself.I have seen these relays fail in some cases before and had to replace them.Your vehicles fuel pump relay should be located in the micro central electric panel located behind the storage on the drivers side of the vehicle.it should be relay #4 in this relay box.

Try tapping on it to see if when cranking over the engine the fuel pump then operates and the engine starts.If it does then this relay needs replaced.If it does not let me know and we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete

Can you tell me where exactly the fuel pump relay is at

Thanks

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
I apologize for the delay in response.No need to open a new question on this here to locate the relay.

The fuel pump relay is located in the micro central electric panel which is located behind the storage area/compartment on the drivers side of the vehicle.Below is a picture of its location in this relay panel.It is #4 in the picture.Copy and paste the below web link to a new web tab to view.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qa2bcijupetyo8l/quatrorelay10-19.gif

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is the Micro central electric panel?

My info doesn't show the exact location but I did locate this HERE.Inspect and see if this is the location of your vehicles micro central electric panel.

Thanks Pete

Thanks Pete