Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

Audi A4 Quattro: How do you unplug the alarm horn?

How do you unplug the...
How do you unplug the alarm horn?
10/6/2013
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
There's really no way to just "unplug" it. It has it's own internal battery to keep sounding if it is unplugged, part of the theft prevention. Try locking and unlocking with the door locks.
Ok. So can I remove the alarm fuse to completely deactivate the alarm system as a whole and so stop the horn sounding?
Relist: Other.
Taking long time to answer. Need to turn alarm off.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Hello there! I'm Eurocar ! I will try to assist you as much as I can. If you take the alarm fuse out the vehicle may not start and run. The security system also controls the starter operation also. If you disconnect the alarm horn it has an internal battery and it will think that some one has stolen your vehicle and will sound off. A scan test will be needed to see what is tripping the alarm off. Either a door, trunk, hood, or radio can cause this alarm trip. Usually it's a door latch causing this but the scan test will narrow down the issue to the root cause.
There is no real bypass of the system due to the complexity and what is all tied in to the system.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech