AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Audi A4 Quattro Avant: My Audi A4 shows P0706 code. What is

My Audi A4 shows P0706 code. What is adviceable to do as I have a 320 mile journey ahead. Any info will help pls. Thanks.
Nick.

AudiDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

AudiDoc :

There are a few possibilities of failure with this code

AudiDoc :

1) water intrusion into the cabin, which gets into the transmission control module

AudiDoc :

2) water intrusion into the small oval electrical connector on the left front of the transmission pan area

AudiDoc :

3) faulty transmission range switch, which is mounted above the left transmission mount, on the side of the transmission case itself

AudiDoc :

if 1 and 2 are ok, then you'll have to replace the range switch

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can I drive the 320 miles home in this condition, without risk to the transmission, considering my mechanic is at my destination?

I would be very careful. If you're experiencing any odd shifting or engagement problems, I would not recommend the drive, since it's possible that the transmission will attempt to engage 2 gears at once. If shifting quality is good, then you should be ok for the drive.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I guess i have to do a replacement. Pls furnish me with the transmission range switch part number, if any. Thanks.
Unfortunately, I don't have part numbers for non-US models, but at the same time, the transmission should be the typical 5HP22, or what Audi calls the 01V.

This *should* be the part number: 01V 919 821B
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Jason.
Very glad to help, and good luck with the fix and journey.