jeffrey590
jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.
11029438

Audi A4 Quattro Cabriolet: How many miles can you safely go

How many miles can you safely go over the 105,000 before you have to change the Timing Belt and water pump.
Greetings JACUSTOMER, It is safe to say that the belt should be changed at the absolute latest by 130,000 miles. I am not disputing the recommended 105k from the manufacturer, but I have seen these belts go for 150k and more. But, to be on the safe side I would do it no later than 130k under normal operating conditions. If the belt is worn , you can listen and hear it making noise most times . If I can assist further I will be happy to help. Thank you, Jeffrey