AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Audi S4: I have a 2004 Audi S4 , (I believe B6) V8 engine,

I have a 2004 Audi S4 , (I believe B6) V8 engine, 106000 miles, oil pressure light has been going on when driving however oil level is fine and engine sounds and feels fine, have heard that this problem could be as simple as the oil sensor. Can someone guide me to a pic and or diagram of where this sensor is, I have bought the sensor, and manage the sales floor of a dealership (non-audi) so trying to give my mechanics as much info as possible to make the job quick for them

AudiDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

AudiDoc :

I need to know the color of the light

AudiDoc :

yellow/amber or red?

Customer:

Red Oil pressure light , I am going to change the sensor just trying to figure out where it is located and how to change it, strong believer in change the cheapest part first

Customer:

Actually says oil pressure

AudiDoc :

ok, got it. Just wanted to make sure that we weren't dealing with a level sender

AudiDoc :

The sensor is screwed into the back of the filter housing at the top of the enging

AudiDoc :

engine

AudiDoc :

Full Size Image

Customer:

Is there anyplace that I can get a pic or diagram that I can show my mechanic

AudiDoc :

Best to do a physical pressure test, in my opinion though

AudiDoc :

using a mechanical gauge

AudiDoc :

Pressure should be at least 2 bar at 2k rpm, with engine oil at operating temp (90c +)

Customer:

Should an Infiniti shop be able to pressure test an Audi , I would think so but never know if there is any special equipment needed

AudiDoc :

hard to say. All I work on is Euro, so not sure if they will have the proper stuff. In most cases, a good oil pressure test gauge will have a multitude of fittings

Customer:

OK , will send this to my mechanic and should hopefully answer his questions

AudiDoc :

sounds good