Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

Audi A6 Quattro Avant: I have a 2004 Audi A6 wagon with 57000

I have a 2004 Audi...
I have a 2004 Audi A6 wagon with 57000 miles. It's in the shop for the 55000 service and the dealer is recommending a timing belt change. The Audi website says that is needed at 75000 miles. Do I need to do this? Thanks
7/18/2013
Dave-VAG
Dave-VAG, Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer.

The dealer is recommending the change due to the age of the vehicle rather than the mileage. The recommended time is normally around every 5 years t have the belts replaced. I would also recommend having the belt and tensioner replaced because if the belt should fail it will cause serious damage to the internals of the engine.

I hope this helps and if I can help further please feel free to ask

Dave

Dave-VAG
Dave-VAG, Technician
Dave-VAG
Dave-VAG
Dave-VAG, Technician