AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Audi A4 Quattro: 2005 aud1 A4 Quattro . I was getting the codes

2005 aud1 A4 Quattro . I was getting the codes p0420, p0299, I know these are for the CAT and low turbo boost. Timing belt needed replaced it. If I'm a tooth off it's my fault because I am An ASE master tech. I had a wreck 3 years and cannot do much work at a time since I am now disabled. Just work on family stuff. Anyway after changing timing belt still getting same 2 codes plus p0011, which I do believe it will set that code a tooth off. Any advise you could give me to maybe cut down on some time, and trouble shooting that I don't need to waste time performing. Thank You, Troy

AudiDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

AudiDoc :

the 0011 is definitely a physical timing (cam to crank correlation) code, unfortunately

AudiDoc :

which means that it's time to line things back up again.

AudiDoc :

and as a bonus answer, install a spacer between the rear o2 sensor and the cat, and the 420 code will likely go away

Customer:

How thick of a spacer ? What is your opinion about the low turbo boost. Turbo Vac. hose. It just don't have the power it should. Yhank you , Troy

AudiDoc :

One moment....incoming phone call

AudiDoc :

now, the low boost code. I'd check a few things first. Vacuum integrity of the turbo diverter valve to start with. Then a boost leak pressure test

Customer:

Also shouldn't I get A CMP sensor code also. Is there anything I didn't get plugged up good or left unplugged to get this code. Also would you have a VAC. diagram

AudiDoc :

Sorry...had a customer show up just now

AudiDoc :

Unfortunately, the only diagrams that are vacuum related at all, are of the secondary air system, which is pretty simple

AudiDoc :

Often, you'll see a cam sensor code like P034x, if the timing chain has been messed with incorrectly

Customer:

Yeah, OK. Now that 17 year girls car, has actually set long enough to get warm enough to check it. Is this nthe only time

Customer:

,

AudiDoc :

not sure the question here. Sorry

Customer:

I hit a wrong button. Is there anyway I can get back to you after I check a few things

AudiDoc :

sure, I'll have to convert this to email format though. You'll get a link in your email to respond

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I didn't know how to ask another question. I am having a/c problems. It's my daughters 2005 a4 1.8l quattro. The low side static pressure is about 125# roughly same on high side. My daughter said before it started blowing hot air it would quit until she restarted the car. This went on for a few weeks before it finally quit. I have not located the hi/lo pressure switch yet. Any info would be of great help. Thank you, Troy