Bryan, Technician
Experience:  Four years experience diagnosing and repairing Audi vehicles
68592605

Audi A8 petrol: I have an Audi A8 petrol 3 litre the ABS ,

I have an Audi A8 petrol 3 litre the ABS , Handbrake and engine managemt system lights come on intermittently. When they do the car judders when accelerating at low speed. The dealer says that the engine mounting valve and the handbrake ECU need replacing but I can't understand why these two faults would occur at the same time and never separately. The fault happens on start up ( 1in 10) or at slow speeds

Hello

My name isXXXXX will be glad to assist you today in answering your questions.

I'm not sure what they are calling a engine mounting valve, but if its the engine mounts then they fail around 7 years. The abs computer, and the electronic parking brake ecu, fail all the time. Very common failures.

As for why the abs computer, the internal connections were made from gold, which is a good material for electrical connections but it does not handle vibration well and can break causing this problem

Then engine mounts, are oil filled and after 7 years, they leak all there fluid out, and cause excess vibration in the vehicle.

Best regards,