Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

when the car cold give to much problem to start i have to give

7 or 8 cranks before...
when the car cold give to much problem to start i have to give 7 or 8 cranks before it start and when it does seems to be waek like is going to shut off again but when is its get warm or hot then start with no problems
3/30/2013
Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Audi Mechanic

Hello, welcome to Just Answer/Pearl. My name isXXXXX will
do my very best to assist you with your question today.

What is the make and model of the vehicle?

Also is the check engine light coming on?

yes the check engine is on but is being time before this start it to happen

Ok since the engine light was already on before this issue,that means when a new code is stored you never know it because the light is already on.What is the make and model of your vehicle?

audi a6 Quattro 2.8

Ok the issue that you are describing is a failing crankshaft position sensor.

• The crankshaft position sensor identifies position of the crankshaft to the ignition control module (ICM), engine control module (ECM) or power train control module (PCM)
  • When not replaced, vehicle could experience no- or hard start, long crank time, misfire, lack of power, excessive hydrocarbons in oil, spark plug fouling, catalytic converter failure, poor fuel economy, CEL/MIL illumination or intermittent shutdown.
  •  

The vehicle needs to be scanned for trouble codes.

Mike Kelly
    Mike Kelly, Audi Mechanic
    Mike Kelly
    Mike Kelly
    Mike Kelly, Audi Mechanic