Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

How to Reset Audi Q5 Service Light?

Customer Question
How can I reset the...

How can I reset the "Service Due" light on 2011 Audi Q5?

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Audi
5/30/2012
Audi Mechanic: Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech replied 5 years ago
Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech

Hello, I will help you with an Answer to your Question

Unfortunately there is no manual reset procedure on this model

You need an Audi compatible scan tool to perform the reset

I am attaching the information and list of compatible scan tools below...

1. Connect a full function Audi compatible scan tool to the vehicle. Enter address word 17 "Instrument Cluster".

2. Enter function 10 "Adaptation".

3. Enter channel number "02".

4. Input adaptation value "00000".

5. Save the stored adaptation value and the maintenance light is reset.

6. If the procedure did not take, there could be a couple different reasons for this:

A. The software on the factory compatible scan tool cannot actually perform the function. Try using a different factory compatible scan tool and see if it will take.

B. On later model vehicle (starting around 2009) the Service Reset procedure is a guided function of the factory scan tool. If using a factory compatible scan tool(s) does not reset the light, a factory scan tool will be needed.

Partial list of Volkswagen/Audi compatible scan tools:

1. Snap on MT2500, Modis, Solis or Verus with Audi/VW cartridge or software
http://www1.snapon.com/diagnostics

2. Ross-tech Vag Com VCDS
http://ross-tech.com/

3. Launch X431
http://usa.x431.com/website/index.do

4. Autologic
http://www.autologic.us/

5. Vedis
http://www.autolandscientechusa.com

6. Baum
http://tools.baumtools.com/diagnostic.jsp

7. VAD Pro
http://www.vadpro.com

There are a number of adaptations that can be performed in the instrument cluster to vary the mileage, time interval or even type of oil used to determine when the SRI light comes on. Contact the hotline for a copy of the adaptation menu.

Let me know if you need more help

Paul

Am I correct that these scan tools are all in the hundreds or thousands of dollars?

Yes you are correct.

You can ask your oil change shop if they have the appropriate scan tool to reset your service reminder before bringing it in.

An oil change shop should have the tool to reset your reminder.

Paul

Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know

Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech