martyzs180
martyzs180, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Worked on Audi and VW for many years.
20682938

Audi A4: FAULT CODE..LOOSES POWER..WILL ONLY REV..MAF SENSOR

Customer Question

audi A4 T D I PD 2007 FAULT CODE 00258 SOLENOID VALVE ,ANY IDEARS ?. THE CAR LOOSES POWER AND WILL ONLY REV TO AROUND 3500 RPM , BUT WILL INTERMITANTLY RE-GAIN ITS POWER. HAVE TRIED A MAF SENSOR ?
Category: Audi
Expert:  martyzs180 replied 6 years ago.
Hi there and welcome to JA.COM your fault code is 00258 P0753 Shift Solenoid 1 - Open Circuit or Short to Ground
or B+ (N88).....I HAVE FOUND THE FOLLOWING INFO, U MAY HAVE ONE OR BOTH OF THE PROBLEMS BELOW, THERE IS NO SPECIFIC FIX, THE ELECTRICAL HARNESS TO THE TRANSMISSION IS DEFECTIVE OR THE THE SOLENOID WIRING INSIDE THE TRANSMISSION IS SHORTED, AT THIS POINT YOU REALLY NEED THIS HOOKED UP TO A FACTORY BREAKOUT BOX TO "PIN OUT" EACH WIRE IN THE HARNESS, IF THE HARNESS IS SHORTED OR DAMAGED U MAY RUIN THE NEW CONTROL MODULE, hope this helps, kind regards martin.