Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

my radio code off the radio as it works ok

Customer Question
Can I get my radio...
Can I get my radio code off the radio as it works OK but I want to remove it to fit another radio but I have lost the code card.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Audi
6/28/2010
Audi Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 8 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX code for radio wont work on a different radio, what radio are you looking to install in it?

I want to remove my concert radio Cd but I have lost the code so if I ever refit it it wont work. Can I get the code off the radio before removing the power.

No, you must contact your local audi dealer, they will need your vin number and the serial number off the vehicle to look up the code, they will not ususally do this over the phone for security reasons, so you will need to take the vehicle in with you and the registration to prove you own it, Tim
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I know this can be done without taking it to a dealer as other people have had it done.
Audi Mechanic: Louis Gutierrez, Technician replied 8 years ago
Louis Gutierrez
Louis Gutierrez, Technician
yes it can be done just provide the AUZ number of the new radio and the VIN of the car.
Does it matter that the radio wasn't built with this car as I originally bought it off a friend. My VIN is WAUZZZ8E44A026292, AUZ2Z3C1548263
Go it! 1573 please write this down in several places so you wont loose it! Good Luck!!
Louis Gutierrez
Louis Gutierrez, Technician