Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2 questions.1. my battery died and now my radio is on safety mode.

Customer Question
i have 2 questions. 1. my...
i have 2 questions.
1. my battery died and now my radio is on safety mode. how do i clear that?
2. everytime my car is sitting on a light and idle it makes a loud moise which just happens to stop when i give it gas or i keep the rpm's pass 1.5
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Audi
6/26/2010
Audi Mechanic: Audi0405, Technician replied 8 years ago
Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician
Welcome to Just Answer!!

Where is the noise coming from ??Under the valve cover area?
yes it is
Ok by sump pump do you mean the oil pump?? and did you clean or replace the oil pump strainer/screen??

it looks like a copper tube with a filter in one end. it is curved like an elbow.

i did not do it. my mechanic did.

Yes that is it . Where the items replaced for the noise ??
we thought that by replacing that it would had stopped but it did not
Ok did is what is going on the noise is coming from the cam chain tensioner wich will need to be replaced for the noise to go away the chain guides are wrn out and cause this noise. You will need to remove the valve cover and the cams to replace this part. On the issue with the radio you will need to remove the radio and get the serial # XXXXX the radio then your local dealer will be able to give you the code over the phone with your vin # XXXXX radios serial # XXXXX I hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!
Does this help??

my mechaninc also said that it looks like i have some carbon built up in it.

how can i clear that up

Where is the carbon build up or is it oil sludge ?? very common in the 1.8 turbo engine

it was build up in the sum pump and there was a little bit in the oil itself.

do you recomend switching from mobil 1 to another synthetic or should i stick with mobil1?

i heard that reg oil has some stuff thats better for the valves.

More then likely its oil sludge if it is then i recommend you always use synthetic and do a engine flush that a company called BG have your technician look this up on the carbon issue you will need to do a intake cleaning to get the carbon build up off the vales. I hope all this info has helped please dont forget to click accept for all the help i have given you on this issue this is the only way i get compensated for my time and knowledge thanks!
Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician
thank you
Your welcome