Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 audi: turn signals..trunk..noise coming..gears missing…

I have a 2003 audi...
I have a 2003 audi and just had the top replaced. The inside dome light goes on and off, the windows do not go down, turn signals do not work and the air-conditioning goes on and off. The trunk randomly unlatches and there is a very disconcerting motor noise coming from the glove compartment kinda like gears missing. Obviously there is an electrical problem but do not know where to begin to fix it. In addition the key remote does not work to open the trunk. Any ideas? Thank you. David
6/26/2010
jeffrey590
jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
GreetingsCustomer The first thing I would do is return to the repair shop and have the vehicle scanned for fault codes...All the problems you list are either directly or indirectly related to the top programming...It is quite possible whoever did the job changed the settings in the computer;and by simply going back in and resetting to default choices all issues will be remedied...It is nothing you can do yourself so don't even waste time...As I said once they hook up the scanner and read the faults ,it will most likely be a programming issue and take only a few minutes to correct...At NO COST TO YOU , by the way...If I can assist further please let me know...jeffrey590
jeffrey590
jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Thank you. This was a guy that installed and I have taken it to the local dealer to look at. It seems like a mess because I'm not sure the top is intalled correctly. The top does hang over the window molding on uthe driver side. You were helpful however.
Glad I could help...jeffrey590