Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1994 audi S4: cuts..The mechanic checked the turbo hoses..hesitation…

Customer Question
My 1994 audi S4 accelerates...
My 1994 audi S4 accelerates with power if you give partial throttle; it cuts out(bucks) on full throttle. The mechanic checked the turbo hoses and says they are goog. I had the same hesitation in the past and it was a turbo hose. What is it now? Could it be the wastegate and how do you tell/ Ken
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Audi
6/24/2010
Audi Mechanic: Roman, Technician replied 8 years ago
Roman
Roman, Technician

Hello ,
Here to answer automotive questions and make you feel comfortable and become familiar with your product

Have you had the battery replaced recently ?

Has the vehicle lost power recently. It may need to have the throttle module adapted .

Is the Check engine light on.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
check engine light is not on! Battery was changed recently. Car has full power until you floor it.
You need to adapt the throttle module
do you have a scan tool to do it?
How is it going?
Sorry for the delay; my mechanic does not have the scan tool. I guess that I must go to Audi or can he buy that scan tool? Ken
That's too bad , a mechanic is not really a technician without one. If you lived in NY I could do it.
A scan tool is an integral part of the Techs tool box with out it a mechanic should not get involved in that type of work.
Tell him to get one. Or you can get it yourself look up Vag 908.1
its 40 bucks works with your lap and patches rosstech to work with it or go to rosstech website but it's $349. 00
Roman
Roman, Technician
I would like to ask a question about my other S4; do I pay for the first now, and if so how do I get re-connected to Roman for the next question? Ken

You can click on accept to pay .

You can visit my personal website , on the links page is a Just Answer box , just type into the box and the question will be directed to me and everything else will go as previous.

Thank you

Roman

www.romanbsky.weebly.com