Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

What Causes The Audi A4 EPC Light To Come On?

Customer Question
The EPC light on my...

The EPC light on my 2003 Audi A4 has come on several times. The car shuts off at stop lights and sometimes has had trouble starting up.

Is this common? What is the problem?

Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Audi
3/16/2010
Audi Mechanic: Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech replied 7 years ago
Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer

Most likely you need to do a throttle basic setting procedure. This requires a factory scan tool so you will need to bring it to Audi. If the throttle basic setting does not work you may need to replace your throttle body.

Take it in for the basic throttle setting and they will let you know.

click here for more information on throttle basic setting causing EPC light

Let me know if you need more help.

Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech