Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How to replace the serpentine belt and tensioner in an Audi…

Customer Question
How to replace the serpentine...
How to replace the serpentine belt and tensioner in an Audi A6
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Audi
4/4/2009
Audi Mechanic: AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner replied 9 years ago
AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner

Almost impossible to do without removing the bumper. Would you like a procedure list?
Audi Doc
Thank You for your answer, please send a procedure.
Thank YouCustomer
Remove wheels and tires.
Remove front part of fender liners.
Remove 3 10mm nuts holding either end of the bumper onto the fenders, which can be seen when you pull the inner fender liners away.
Remove air grilles around foglamps.
Remove bumper bolts just inside and above the grille openings.
Remove bumper cover.
Remove T45(maybe T50?) Torx bolts holding bumper shocks on.
Remove T30 bolts holding the front fenders onto the radiator support.
Pull front lock carrier forward to allow access to front end of the engine.
YOu now have good access to the serpentine belt tensioner.
Compress tensioner, which will allow you to place a drill bit or similar locking tool into the tesnoner rod to keep it compressed.
Replace belt.
AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner