Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have this bag that I bought and state sale and I’d like to…

Customer Question
Hi I have this bag...
Hi I have this bag that I bought and Anna state sale and I’d like to know more information on it and it’s value thank you
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appraisals
image0.jpgimage0.jpgimage1.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage4.jpgimage5.jpgimage5.jpg
6/1/2018
Appraiser: ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser replied 2 months ago
ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser

Thanks for the question!

You have an Italian Leather "doctor style" bag and frustratingly, while I can read "Made in Italy" I cannot match the logo or read the gold stamping. This may have been made by a smaller house, and generally vintage value only goes up for items with household names like Gucci, Fendi and the like.

At the high end these leather bags (from the 1970s/1980s) in the "doctor style" sell for $150 to $250, see: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/39974402_italian-leather-doctor-s-bag and based on the stitching and the condition issues, at a nice consignment store specializing on clothing, your Italian Leather bag might sell at the $60 to $80 level.

Again, thank you! Is there any additional information that I can provide? Rating my professionalism using the 5-star system is the only way that JustAnswer recognizes experts and it closes the question. It does not cost you anything additional. (see: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl)

Hello and Good Morning! I noticed that you reviewed the answer that I prepared for you and elected not to rate it.

Could you please either rate using the 5-star system or reply to me with something like, "thank you this was helpful."

Rating using the 5-star system is the only way that JustAnswer recognizes experts and it closes the question.

It does not cost you anything additional.

If you need help rating, please see: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Again, thank you!