Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I am wondering the value of the watercolor “the red

Customer Question
I am wondering the...

I am wondering the value of the watercolor “the red chimneys” by William Spiengler ( I think that is the name)

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is an older painting that I purchased in an antique shop so not much is known other than I know he has other works

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appraiser should be aware of?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appraisals
4/3/2018
Appraiser: Rarewares, Other replied 3 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you.
I am studying your question and will return shortly.

The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

The signature is cut off in this photo. Please do one more, thanks!

This is a photo that I took from the picture which is at my fathers house. It’s the best I can do for right now.

I understand. I will work on this next and be back with you in a bit with an answer in writing here.

William McK Spierer (1913 - 1965)

is a listed artist from New York and Massachusetts known for design, teaching, illustration, and painting.

This is an offset lithograph reproduction (fancy words for a print) in open edition of Red Chimneys by William McK Spierer. This print reproduction of the original watercolor depicts a street view of houses with red chimneys in Cape Cod. The print title and artist signature, in pencil, are written across the bottom and the artist signature is there printed in the plate within the image. When a print does not have numbering in pencil as well, then it is an open edition print rather than a limited edition print and would have less value. This piece is valued at $60 to $80 resale.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.