Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a painting of cliffs of river by Moran and don’t know…

Customer Question
I have a painting...

I have a painting of cliffs of green river by Thomas Moran and don’t know if it a old one or not

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is signed and dated

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?

Not sure

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appraisals
4/2/2018
Appraiser: Rarewares, Other replied 3 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

I am at work at the moment, is there something I can look for , I also have a painting of the pie eaters on canvas board
I won't be home untill 5pm

You can't add an item after the original inquiry. That second painting would have to be in a new question.

Thomas Moran (1837 - 1926)

is a listed artist from Pennsylvania and California known for landscape and marine painting, topography.

This piece you have is a known reproduction titled The Cliffs of the Green River (see photo) and has a value of $80 to $100 resale.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.