Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I found 3 "Klitz" prints today Approx. 11" X 16" in

I found 3 "Klitz"...

I found 3 "Klitz" prints today Approx. 11" X 16" in excellent condition. I was wondering how much it would cost to get an appraisal on them. Thanks, Bob.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Ok the prints are named on the back of the prints, along with some hand printed numbers. They all have what I assume is an auction number (5277) and each print has a different number, (1) Entrance to the Tower of London # YL4577, (2) Trafalgar Square, # YL4581, and St. Pauls from Fleet Street, # YL4582. They are all nicely framed and paper backed with good frames.

3/27/2018
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question.

What size are your pieces (in inches) not including the frames and mats? Please do not remove from the frames.

As stated above, they are approx 11"X16". I just want a ONE Time Appraisal. I do not want a monthly fee. Very disappointed on the way you do this. Only want the $86 dollar fee as a one time. Bob

Site Charges:

We professionals are not considered employees of Just Answer, We are verified by the site to answer questions in our fields. We are considered site users just like you. Therefore we have no knowledge of or control over the finances of the site or what they charge customers.

If you wish to discuss site charges, see this link.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

OR

Email address:

***@******.*** (send no photos - special instructions)

Or by phone:

US/Canada 1.***-***-**** OR 1.***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

International

Australia 1800-679-634

New Zealand 0800-452-621

United Kingdom 0***-***-****

The rest of the world 1-***-***-****

Kind regards,

Doris

Many customers give measurements including the frame that is why I asked for size without the frame.

Please allow time for study and type my complete answer.

I do not wish to have my pictures appraised. Please do not charge my visa any more than the $5 that you have already charged/Thanks
Bob

I have not charged your card. The site handles all charges. Please let me know if you wish me to assess your prints?

The value of these prints is much higher if they are signed by the artist with an original signature.

Are yours signed?

prints are signed and they appear to be original signatures in pencil.

Thank you.

"Tony Klitz (1917-2000) was a fine art painter living and working in Ireland in the latter part of his long and prolific career. He specialised in urban cityscapes and architectural landscapes with a soft impressionistic style and bold use of colour. He exhibited throughout Ireland and the UK regularly since the 1950s and produced many works in both oil and watercolour, he also reproduced many of his works in limited edition prints."

The estimated retail value of your signed, framed prints by Tony Klitz is $250-300 each.

In general, a private seller to a dealer or via consignment can expect 30-60% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20% more than retail values.

If you wish to sell, these are my suggestions -

The internet has your widest pool of buyers. To sell close to estimated retail try the following -

Try ads on sites such as

https://www.artbrokerage.com/help/selling-art

http://www.rubylane.com/art

http://www.askart.com/Ads_Individual.aspx

https://www.artnet.com/auctions/all-artworks/?utm_campaign=bannerad&utm_source=080514auctionsevergreen&utm_medium=link

http://www.artvalue.com

http://www.artprice.com/marketplace/sell-an-artwork

Some like Etsy.com where you can set up your store for free and the selling fees are small - 20 cents to list an item plus 3.5% of the final price.

Or list with no fees whatsoever:

http://forum.findartinfo.com/default.asp?CAT_

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be the pro that takes the question.
You can also add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.

Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Thanks Doris, we have not further questions.
Bob

Thank you so much for the positives.