Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

Diana F I hope all is well. With this funky weather I hope…

Diana FI hope all is...
Diana FI hope all is well.
With this funky weather I hope you waited for Spring Break.I found this opaque smoky glass vase at the Mission Store. I saw on eBay that some of this type glass holds its value.It is 7” tall, 6” wide at top, and 3” at base.
The base has a small riser feature and originally had a large sticker based on the gummy residue.It is thick scalloped glass and weighs 3 pounds. Kind of transitional.Any idea if it has any value?Thanks,
Mike Fisers
4631BDAA-28A1-471B-AEE3...jpeg4631BD...jpeg08428C9F-EFEA-43BC-9005...jpeg08428C...jpegBDED6AA1-A0F1-4777-8566...jpegBDED6A...jpegE2AE6273-B69D-463B-B211...jpegE2AE62...jpeg
3/22/2018
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Expert

Hi Mike.

It's not too bad. I'm glad to finally have some decently warm weather. How about you? Didn't you wind up with some light snow not too long ago?

.

I'll be glad to take a look at this one.

~Diana

Hi Mike.

Well..you kind of stumped me again. I'm not sure which glass factory produced your piece. It's a midcentury modern style. It's molded glass, not blown. You can tell that by the way the panels are formed and from the base. It lacks the cut and pontil you typically find with blown glass. It's in a fairly unique paneled design. Rather than straight, flat panels, they panels are a reeded design. It creates a bit of a scalloped look from the top.

.

There's also an interesting texture to the glass. It's not really like bubbles, but there is a sort of wavy texture to it.

.

The fact that it's so thick is really a unique quality. I can't be 100% without that label, but it's really reminiscent of midcentury Scandinavian glass or Czech glass.

.

Even without any marks, that should still be worth about $60 to $85

.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great evening.
~Diana

Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Expert
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thank you.
I know it was a weird one. But I paid $3 for it and I knew it had to be worth a little more.Mike

You're welcome. It was a little different, but I'm always up for a challenge. I think the shape and style really makes it stand out. For $3 you really can't pass that up.

~Diana

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Hi Diana F
For the last month I have been trying to send you a tip.The system tells me I must hsve mistyped my account number.The number was verified as correct. The people in the Phillipimes cannot address this issue.Who do I contact at your corporate office to let the know that this function is not working?
I feel bad that I cannot send you a tip.Mike Fisers
Diana F.
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Expert