Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

3/21/2018
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Expert

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help

.

Does it have any names or marks on the bottom?

The single pitcher says 200cl on bottom the tea service says 92% silver Heidelberg

That's great. Thank you. That's a vintage Heidelberg set. Heidelberg was primarily a midcentury German hollowware and silver company. They didn't produce a lot of items, but what they did was fairly good quality.

.
It's a very pretty, ornate set. That's a 5 piece tea service in a rococo design featuring swirls and floral accents. You have the coffee pot, tea pot, sugar, creamer and tray. It should date to about the 1940s/1950s.

.

It looks to be in excellent condition. Given that, it should be worth about $3000 to $3500. At auction you can expect about 1/2 that. It will have an insurance value of $4500.

.

The price will vary a bit depending on where you try to sell it. You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself in a private sale as opposed to an auction, Ebay, or selling it to a dealer.

.

For selling it yourself, Etsy is a great alternative to Ebay. Rubylane, Tias, and Cyberattic are great online stores too. They generally have a store "setup" fee, so unless you have a lot of items to list, it may be a bit too pricey. They do get the "higher" paying customers though. Etsy actually has one of the lowest current rates.

.

There is also craigslist. Your town might even have a facebook page dedicated to selling items (like an online garage sale). Some buyers have even started using apps or sites like LetGo or Varagesale. The only big downside to these is you always run a risk of meeting someone that may be dangerous. If you go that route, never have them come to your house. Always meet someplace very public and never go alone. I don't generally recommend any of those options because I would hate for something to happen to you. One generally safe option is meeting up at a local police station. A lot of towns allow sellers to use their parking lots as meeting places.

.

Ebay is more or less a last resort. It does reach a lot of people, but the values tend to be lower. If you do decide to try Ebay, consider using reserves.
.

That should give you quite a few options, but if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great day.
~Diana

Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Expert

Hi. Thank you for the positive rating. I appreciate it. If there's anything else I can do please let me know.

Best Wishes,

Diana