Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a oil painting i can not make out tes signature. I am…

Customer Question
I have a oil...

I have a oil painting i can not make out tes signature.

Expert's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in illinois

Expert's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have photos of the painting

Expert's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to konow the value of the painting and the name of the painting and who signed it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appraisals
i wanted to know who signed it, the value, and the name of the painting. i asked these question yesterday,last night and i am a member already.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/18/2018
Appraiser: Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

This is a 20th century original painting that would be called a Yellow Flower Floral Still Life.

The signature at bottom right is M. Lacher. There is one listed artist, Max Lacher (b. 1905) from Germany, however the signatures on known Lacher paintings do not match the signature on yours.

Your still life was done by an unlisted, hobbyist or student artist.

On today's market, this has a value of $50 - $150.

You will now need to please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora