Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have an antique Chinese room divider or screen that I do…

Customer Question
Hi. I have...

Hi. I have an antique Chinese room divider or screen that I do not know the value of. Is this something you can help me with?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have had it for 30 years but prior to that I know my Mom bought it at an antique shop in Toronto.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?

It is black with what appears to be jade birds and flowers on it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appraisals
3/15/2018
Appraiser: Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 month ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Here are a few shots of the screen. Let me know if you need anything else. The gold print is one of the images on the back of the screen.
IMG_1013.JPGIMG_1013.JPGIMG_1017.JPGIMG_1017.JPGIMG_1012.JPGIMG_1012.JPGIMG_1014.JPGIMG_1014.JPGIMG_1016.JPGIMG_1016.JPG

Thank you for the images and for your patience.

This is a 20th century black lacquer style folding wood panel screen with applied hardstone bas-relief decoration.

High value on today's market is $800 - $1000.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Nora
Nora