Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Josie-Mod
I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online.
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Hi Louise,

Thank you for your patience.

This is a wash pitcher that would have come with a matching wash basin as well.

The mark is La Belle China, for the Wheeling Pottery Company which was an American china company established in 1879 in Wheeling, West Virginia. They remained in business until about 1923. Wheeling Pottery Company was known for their flow blue wares and were direct competition to the export flow blue from England.

Your wash pitcher dates to just about 1895 and it is from the Victorian era and molded in a Rococo Revival style with blue transferpinted decoration.

Most wash pitchers do not sell for what they used to several decades, however American La Belle Flow Blue still does well at auction sales. On today's market, this could sell for $300 - $400.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Thank you Louise for requesting me - the mark is La Belle China, for the Wheeling Pottery Company which was an American China company established in 1879 in West Virginia. This dates to 1890-1895 and it is an exquisite piece. This is from the same collection as your platter both are period pieces and well cared for. Beautiful wash basin pitcher and if you have the bowl also the set would value at 1200.00 in today's market in finer antique stores. The pitcher alone is valued at 800-850.00 . The flow blue pieces are highly collectible especially the older pieces as not many survived over time.

when you have a chance please rate my answers so I may be paid for my work thank you again for the request it is a pleasure to help you.

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser