Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a 12 placesetting of and Barton France's 1 OLD eagle…

I have a 12...

I have a 12 placesetting of Reed and Barton France's 1 OLD eagle R lion flatwear, 12 ea. Knives, butter knives, reg. forks, salad forks, cocktail forks, reg. spoons, soup spoons and a smaller spoon I don't know what it is called,also,a large salad fork and spoon, 2 serving spoons, a child fork and spoon,a pair on small things and a sugar soon. I am just wondering what the approx value be and possible places to sell it,thank you, dee Johnson

Expert's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

I think it is in very good condition,but it is tarnished somewhat and should I polish it up before trying to sell it, i purchased it at an estate sale Not that i know of, but then again, I am very novice at this and might not know what to ask

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question..
I will return in just a moment.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Francis I (Sterling,"Reed & Barton") by REED & BARTON 1950. has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $7***-**-****.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $8***-**-****.00 depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $9500.00

.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much, you have been very helpful

You are very welcome, if you need anything else feel free asking for " Glenda " love to help you again.

Have a great day

Glenda

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I really appreciate your time and reply, thank you, ***** *****

Dee

You are very welcome if you ever need anything else feel free asking for " Glenda" I would be happy to help you again

Hope you have a great day

Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B.