Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

One moment. I have an m. Zayas oil painting.. looking for an…

I have an m...

I have an m. Zayas oil painting.. looking for an appraisal

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appraiser should be aware of?

Idk... it looks to be a scene in Italy..

3/6/2018
Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace, Owner & CEO of Rare-Era.com

Greetings, my name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to assist you with an evaluation on you painting. To give you you a precise evaluation could you please upload an image of the piece, the signature and let me know what the dimensions are? Thank you and I look forward to assisting you with this.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

Brilliant! I've received both images, please give me a moment to review and research and my next reply will include your answer.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

This is a vintage oil painting depicting a Spanish scene made circa 1960 to circa 1970 by artist Mico Zayas, the carved wood frame looks to be original. Paintings by M. Zayas are sold at auction on average once a year. Pieces with similar iconography and dimensions are selling at auction in the $50USD to $150USD range. This piece and this piece were offered at auction with a $100USD opening bid but were unsold.

While gallery prices vary depending on market interest and the knowledge and clientele of the dealer, 2 to 3 times the auction price isn't uncommon like this example which is being offered for $350USD.

All this said, if your was at auction I'd anticipate it selling in the $75USD range or in a gallery for $250USD to $350USD.

I always strive for 5-star service so if you have any follow-up questions, lets keep chatting. Otherwise, please take a moment and rate my service withing the 'Stars'. It has been my pleasure to assist you and thank you for submitting to JustAnswer.

Kind Regards,

Erin-Marie

Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace