Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I would like a local appraiser come and look at all the

collectables in my late Mothers...
I would like a local appraiser come and look at all the collectables in my late Mothers house. Can you recommend someone on Long Island N.Y.
3/3/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

Yes, I recommend Philip Weiss, here is a link to their site for you: http://www.weissauctions.com/Contact-Us.aspx

Weiss is an auction business and they will send a representative on location to look over the estate at no charge.

If you are seeking an appraisal for estate tax or donation purposes, you will want to work with an appraiser who is a member of an accredited appraiser group. Their fees start at around $150/hour.

To find one in your area, you will go to each of the 3 sites and enter your location into their 'find an appraiser' directories. From there, you will contact each qualified appraiser who fcomes up in your area and they will relay to you their fees for service.

Here are the links for you to each of the groups:

ISA, International Society of Appraisers: https://www.isa-appraisers.org/find-an-appraiser

ASA, American Society of Appraisers: http://www.appraisers.org/find-an-appraiser

AAA, Appraiser's Association of American: http://www.appraisersassociation.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Page.ViewPage&PageID=741

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Thank you for your help.

You are very welcome and my pleasure to be of help to you here.

In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars, I would really appreciate it.

This question thread will not close after a rating is left.

Thank you!

~Nora

Nora