Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

A valuation of a 1950s painting by of Hong Kong of a seated…

Customer Question
Please....a valuation of a...

Please....a valuation of a 1950s painting by ***** *****g of Hong Kong of a seated Chinese gentleman

Expert's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Virginia

Expert's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No........I purchased this painting as a Naval Officer in Hong Kong in the 50s and I know his works are still sold, but, I do not know of it’s value nor record

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appraisals
2/6/2018
Appraiser: Rarewares, Other replied 5 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. The back of a painting tells us just as much as the front sometimes.

Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

I will answer without pictures since I am familiar with this artist.

***** *****g (20th century)

is a listed artist from the United States and China

known for harbor view, landscape, and portrait painting.

This portrait painting from the 1950's has a value of

$400 based on recent sales of ***** *****g's similar work.

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.